Walk 1 Simonstone Wensleydale Walk (Hawes - Aysgill Force Circular Map)
For an easy walk of approx 4 miles, duration of +/- hours
incorporates:- National Parks Visitors Center, Rope makers Museum, Gayle Mill, Wensleydale Creamery and Hardraw Force.
Walk 2 Simonstone Hall - Sedbusk Walk (Hawes to Sedbusk map)
Easy walk of 3.5 miles, incorporating, craft center, Hardraw Force and Sedbusk.
Walk 3 Aysgarth Woods and Waterfalls Walk (Aysgarth waterfalls and woods Map) 2.5 miles walk & Picnic
(drive to +/- 10 mile destination)
Aysgarth National Park Museum.
There are a variety of different walks of varying difficulties through out the wonderful Yorkhire Dales all within easy reach of the Hotel.
We can also supply delicious packed lunches for your walk or even a picnic basket for a special occasion.
There are a number of Cycling opportunities from beginner to advanced levels.
The Ginger Tree are now operating out of Simonstone Hall.
Local Attractions to Simonstone
- Abbeys: Jervaulx, Fountains, Byland, Easby, Mount Grace Priory, Rievaulx
- Art Gallery: York City Art Gallery
- Birdwatching: Nosterfield, Marfield
- Castle: Middleham, Ripley, Knaresborough, Bolton, Richmond,
- Cathedral: Ripon, York Minster
- Caves: Mother Shipton’s, Stump Cross Caverns
- Church: St Agatha at Easby
- Farms: Braithwaite Hall, The Big Sheep & Little Cow Farm, Hazel Brow
- Folly: Hackfall Wood, Druids Temple, Forbidden Corner
- Garden: Thorp Perrow Arboretum, Constable Burton, Studley Royal, Harlow Carr
- Historic Building: Marmion Tower at West Tanfield, Rievaulx Terrace and Temples
- Historic House: Kiplin Hall, Markenfield Hall, Sion Hill Hall, Moulton Hall, Newburgh Priory, Allerton Park, Nunnington Hall, Fairfax House, Treasurer’s House, Castle Howard, Aske Hall, Norton Conyers, Newby Hall, Shandy Hall, Bramham Garden Park, Duncombe Park, Harewood House, Beningbrough Hall
- Local Industry: Wensleydale Longwool Sheepshop, Black Sheep Brewery, Rosebud Preserves, Glass Blowing, Theakston Brewery, Brymor Ice Cream, Island Heritage, Crakehall Water Mill, Trees to Treske, Swineside TeaPottery, White Rose Candle Workshop, Coxwold Pottery, Wensleydale Creamery, Hawes Ropemaker, Gayle Mill
- Museum: Herriott Visitor Centre, Bedale Hall, Ripon Prison & Police Museum, Aldborough Roman Town, Nidderdale Museum, Green Howards Regimental Museum, Yorkshire Carriage, Swaledale Folk Museum, Royal Pump Room, Dales Countryside Museum, National Railway Museum, York Castle, York Dungeon, Yorkshire Museum & Gardens, Jorvik Viking Centre
- Racecourses: Catterick, Ripon, Thirsk, Wetherby, York, Croft Motor Racing Circuit
- Scenic: Aysgarth Falls, Mill Force, Brimham Rocks, How Stean Gorge, Hardraw Falls
- Theme Park: Lightwater Valley